Thread: Screening Rough Cut Films Privately on Internet for Clients / Directors

Default Screening Rough Cut Films Privately on Internet for Clients / Directors

Hi - This isn't exactly a software problem but I couldn't think where else to put it. My question is, as a video editing freelancer, I have been dealing until now with clients / directors in the same city as me so I have either been able to show them rough cuts of films on my lap top or pop a DVD round them. I am now gaining some work with clients at a distance and rather than sticking a DVD in the post every time I want to show them a revision to a film, I would like to be able to stick in on the internet so that they can access it from there. The two specifications I have are that I don't want to put them up for public viewing (so the likes of YouTube is no good) and I want to find a site that can cope with uploading films around the length of 20 mins to an hour without taking a week to do it! I tried uploading a one minute extract of a film onto Photbucket and it took over an hour. There is a pro version of Photobucket which might make a difference but before I pay for it I wondered if anyone had any experience of how good it is or could recommend any other sites? Anyone out there with the same issue as me? Thanks!

Blog Entries

I can thoroughly recommend About Vimeo

Great - thanks - I'll take a look.