Thread: Transitions

Default Transitions

Good day,

I am using Premier 5.1 for the first time ever and cannot seem to get the transition effects to work.

I have added a clip to Video A and a clip to Video B and a transition in the transition track. I have tried overlapping the clips with the transition aswell as not overlapping them. I have tried different transitions etc but they will not work.

When i preview the movie then a small white X appears when the transition is supposed to play. I realise that this means something is wrong but I cannot for the life of me see my mistake. If I save the movie then the transitions simply do not play either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am only a beginner and do not know what I am doing wrong.

Regards

Frans

Blog Entries

Have you rendered the timeline before previewing. Have you made sure there is sufficient video before your the out point of clip A and the in point of B?

I have tried rendering the video but it makes no difference. I have just reopened Premier to try again and now when I load a clip the little white X in the preview monitor is permanently there.

So now it appears as if there is something wrong from the beginning.

I would very much like to use Premier as it seems to be a good program (features wise that is). Also my windows movie maker 2 crashes every time I add a transition. Otherwise I would be using that.

Regards,

Frans