Thread: Stuido 8 Question regarding multiple tracks

Default Stuido 8 Question regarding multiple tracks

Hi, I had a question regarding multiple audio and video tracks in Vegas Pro 8. Is there any way to lock all of your video and audio tracks so that when you move an event or a bulk of events ALL of the events associated with them (sound effect events, music, etc.) move as well?

Or if not, is there any way to select select ALL of the events on half of your timeline to move it in order to make room or pull two large chunks together. I've shift clicked and selected events, but this still limits you to the amount of events you can select.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrJB08 View Post
    Hi, I had a question regarding multiple audio and video tracks in Vegas Pro 8. Is there any way to lock all of your video and audio tracks so that when you move an event or a bulk of events ALL of the events associated with them (sound effect events, music, etc.) move as well?
    Select the associated events (those you want to work with as a block) using Ctrl-Click (not SHift-Click as you've mentioned below - that selects contiguous events) then press "G" (for "Group"). To ungroup, press"U". And the're a button at the to to temporarily ignore grouping (eg if you want to work with just one item in a group, but place reattach it to the group afterwards)

Quote Originally Posted by MrJB08 View Post

Or if not, is there any way to select select ALL of the events on half of your timeline to move it in order to make room or pull two large chunks together. I've shift clicked and selected events, but this still limits you to the amount of events you can select.
    Auto-Ripple. There's a button on the toolbar called Auto-Ripple. This shifts all events to the right of the action you take left or right depending on if you're deleting or inserting. There are various type of ripple - see the drop down next to the button for what is affected and experiment.

See also "Post Edit Ripple"
    Tim

Awesome, thank you so much for your help!