Thread: Please help.

Default Please help.

Hi there. New to the forum. First post.

Just wondering if you could help me resolve a problem I'm having with my Sanyo Xacti CG-9EX digital movie camera.

I've had this for a while now, it was a present from family. I use it to record/take photos of my daughter as she grows up. I'm no expert and the quality doesnt have to be spot on.

A few weeks after the manufacturers 1 year warranty ran out it developed a fault where the screen displays numerous colours all over the picture. Both video and pictures are affected.

- Example video.

Now Sanyo and their repair companies want a considerable amount to fix this which I cant afford and both me and the Mrs missed out on recording and taking photos of our first childs first holiday as the camera broke a day before we left. Gutted.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've tried the old "take apart and put back together. But that didnt work. So i'm now out of ideas.

Please help.
    J

Blog Entries

I had a similar problem with a camera recently - turned out the CCD block needed replacement - a snip at a little over 1700.

I claimed on my insurance and aside from the 150 excess, they paid up. In the absence of a good insurance policy - I guess you'll be in the market for a new camera....

I have contents cover, and the damage was not caused by "accident" not "intentional". It simply developed a fault.

My contents insurance has a 50 excess, but thats surely better than a 170 camera replacement.

I shall call them tomorrow but just wondered if anyone had a general idea if this sort of thing is usually covered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonniehack View Post
    ..I shall call them tomorrow but just wondered if anyone had a general idea if this sort of thing is usually covered.
    If you had dropped it lets say, on your tiled kitchen floor and it just didn't work properly after that then I guess it would be...