Thread: Camera capture software

Default Camera capture software

is there any way of bypassing camera capture software and not using it?

Can I just load my images from my canon hf10 straight into my windows media files?

the software is a pain as it has a small amateur editing suite on it and wont allow you to snip without going through it. I dont want to lose quality if my raw has to go through other programs just to get to my main editing program.

my old canon was easier - at least you could snip while downloading - so much for hard drive camera's.....

appreciate any help on this thanks......

Camera capture software using a HF 10? You don't need capture software for that camera, you just drag the files off the card and onto your hard disk. Download a trial version of Sony Vegas Platinum 9 or Professional 9 and you can work away with your mts or m2ts files.
    Last edited by Nikosony; 08-31-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Yeah, you are right.

Here is where I am up to. I have removed the editing software off my computer that came with the camera. I then plugged in my camcorder to my pc and went into it and the files were in STREAM. They all looked ok and came up as windows media 9my default) player files. However just clicking on them only brought up the wmp window but they did not play.

I then highlighted them all and dragged them into my movie files on my pc but they still do not play - so here is where I am up to.

Thanks for any further tips.

I use Windows Media Player to playback my files aswell but they are coming up as mts files, the default file format the Canon HF200 uses, where are you getting wmv 9 files from? I downloaded a few codec packs but the one that worked for me and allows me to playback mts files is K-Lite codec pack (full) 505f.

Not sure what you mean.

When I view the copied files in my pc's default video file storage, they appear as wmp icons. When I click on them they come up as though they are about to play but it's just a black screen and nothing happens.

I have wmv 9 decoder but have not used this as yet because when going in to retreive the camera clips they do not appear or are invisible to the decoder?

How do I get the decoder to recognise the clips or do I need to download another converter?
    Last edited by dingdong; 09-02-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Download K-Lite codec pack (full) 505f and install it. It has a media player aswell but I had problems playing back mts files using this player. I don't know if it was my computer or the player so I just chose Windows Media Player instead to open the mts files with and it works fine.

'I have wmv 9 decoder but have not used this as yet because when going in to retreive the camera clips they do not appear or are invisible to the decoder?' The reason could be is that the files are not wmv 9 files and therefore don't appear.

Another site said this;

are they a proprietary file format? If that is the (unfortunate) case then you'll most likely either have to use the proprietary software (some companies just want you stuck with their sutff) or you will have to convert it. In any case you would be sacrificing something, be it easier control and power over the cut or sacrificing some video quality in the conversion.

Please tell me this isn't true.....

Will try the pack....

Blog Entries

Have you tried installing the codecs as suggested?

not yet will let you know how I go....