Thread: Ulead Video Studio 10 Flash Animation Problem

Thumbs down Ulead Video Studio 10 Flash Animation Problem

I’m Using Ulead Video Studio 10+.

Program has stopped recognizing it’s own files for flash animation.

When I try to add animation file “MotionD06.swf” to timeline, I get a message that “The content of these files is unreadable”.

There is nothing wrong with file. It plays fine using Quicktime. It worked fine when I used it in editing a movie using VS10+ in 2007 shortly after I got the VS10+. (Using Windows XP on same machine originally installed on).

Has anyone else seen this problem, or does anyone have a system where this still works?

There have been revisions in shockwave players in the last few years, and I have updated my PC with them, but should that effect the software built into VS10?

These .swf files are Shockwave Flash Objects (created in 2004), and VS10+ (created in 2006) must use some license or software part from Macromedia to play the .swf files in VS10. And… Macromedia was purchased by Adobe and they have messed around with shockwave players and done assorted updates, where current .swf files are probably a bit different from older .swf files.

Any suggestions on how to make this work, or why it doesn’t work. Does your’s still work?

I have had the same problem with mine...only I have VideoStudio 11...still I finally fixed mine. Hopefully you have fixed yours by now, but in case you haven't, here's what finally worked for me: Insert your installation disk, click on "Open folder to view files">Utilities>Flash Player>flashplayer7...it will ask you if you want to reinstall flashplayer7...click yes or OK - it will reinstall flashplayer7 and then it should work! I tried installing the latest version of flash player, uninstalled the program, reinstalled the program...nothing worked until I did this...hope it works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by counttrackula View Post
    I’m Using Ulead Video Studio 10+.

Program has stopped recognizing it’s own files for flash animation.

When I try to add animation file “MotionD06.swf” to timeline, I get a message that “The content of these files is unreadable”.

There is nothing wrong with file. It plays fine using Quicktime. It worked fine when I used it in editing a movie using VS10+ in 2007 shortly after I got the VS10+. (Using Windows XP on same machine originally installed on).

Has anyone else seen this problem, or does anyone have a system where this still works?

There have been revisions in shockwave players in the last few years, and I have updated my PC with them, but should that effect the software built into VS10?

These .swf files are Shockwave Flash Objects (created in 2004), and VS10+ (created in 2006) must use some license or software part from Macromedia to play the .swf files in VS10. And… Macromedia was purchased by Adobe and they have messed around with shockwave players and done assorted updates, where current .swf files are probably a bit different from older .swf files.

Any suggestions on how to make this work, or why it doesn’t work. Does your’s still work?

Yes, I have run into the same issue....Im using version 10.0, and I think I know the reason.. I installed an Adobe bundle pack on my computer and they have their own flash reader inside. I still can't get mine to work, Did you install any programs to update your flash player? I know your post is old but thought Id say anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardz View Post
    Yes, I have run into the same issue....Im using version 10.0, and I think I know the reason.. I installed an Adobe bundle pack on my computer and they have their own flash reader inside. I still can't get mine to work, Did you install any programs to update your flash player? I know your post is old but thought Id say anyways.
    Here's what finally worked for me: Insert your installation disk, click on "Open folder to view files">Utilities>Flash Player>flashplayer7...it will ask you if you want to reinstall flashplayer7...click yes or OK - it will reinstall flashplayer7 and then it should work! I tried installing the latest version of flash player, uninstalled the program, reinstalled the program...nothing worked until I did this (original flash player that I had when I installed the program)...!