Thread: Bitrate Error in Encore

Default Bitrate Error in Encore

I've just spent the last few days editing a short video in Premiere, and have used the Adobe MPEG encoder to encode each chapter in MPEG 2 formatt, variable bitrate, with a average of 4.2mbs and a max bitrate of 6mbs.All the video and audio files combined are around 1.4 GB. I have imported each chapter into Encore and created menus etc. Now when I try to burn the DVD it gets about half way through processing the audio and video files, and then tells me that I need to replace the files with ones that have a lower bitrate as the bitrate is currently too high for DVD. I know that the bitrate of each video is not too high for DVD but it keeps telling me this each time I try to build a DVD image, or burn the project to a DVD. Is their anything I can do to overcome this? I can't re encode the videos again as the origanals have been deleted, my Harddrive only has about 1GB of free space as it is, and I was forced to delete them after I had encoded them to MPEG2 to make room for the new files. :(

Blog Entries

In the project window, right click on the files and make sure you set this to do not transcode (or equivalent). When you go to create the DVD files, choose to ignore any error messages re: bitrates. You should then be able to burn fine.

However, it sounds to me that Encore is spouting this message spuriously and you don't have sufficient drive space left to encode. If your videos are 1.4GB and you have 1GB left, you will run out of space before the build is complete.