Thread: Adobe Premier CS4. Says missing frames

Default Adobe Premier CS4. Says missing frames

I don't even know how to correctly capture my video, I have used this program first time. I don't know if in the US, I am PAL or SECAM or whatever... but I tried capturing video, and it says it is missing frames!!! WTH. I have 5 tapes recorded, mini DV, and they are all useless? Can this be right? Is there a way to fix the tapes? Or what the hell is wrong with my camcorder?

it's a Sony DCR-HC26

If all of my tapes are corrupted, does that mean it's time to end my life? I can't believe this is happening. Is there maybe a tut somewhere on how to properly capture video, and fix errors?

Help is much much appreciated.

If your in the US then you need to capture in NTSC.
    This is quiote a good video, i've just watched it throu8gh to see how good it is and it' looks okay to me. it's the same on the mac as the pc, the file button is just in a different place.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLgPDcTMUw]YouTube - How To Capture Video In Premiere Pro[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    If your in the US then you need to capture in NTSC.
    This is quiote a good video, i've just watched it throu8gh to see how good it is and it' looks okay to me. it's the same on the mac as the pc, the file button is just in a different place.

YouTube - How To Capture Video In Premiere Pro
    Thank you, helped me much. But it did not capture with frames, of 2-3 seconds, it's one continuous frame segment. So now I can't put in the frames into the movie that I want, unless I don't understand where the separate frames are. Is there a simpler program that I can use to edit the video? Or will I need to recapture the video again?

you could try capturing again.

Are you able play and watch the tape all the way through from start to finish without any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    you could try capturing again.

Are you able play and watch the tape all the way through from start to finish without any problems?
    it recorded without errors this time, but there are no frames! How do I make a movie without any frames? Studio captures the movie in 2-5 second segments

can you see anything in the preview window while capturing?