Thread: The creatively challenged need your help...

Default The creatively challenged need your help...

Being one of the unfortunate souls who are genetically pre-disposed to being completely unable to access the creative portions of the heavily pickled organ I call a brain, I was wondering if some kind soul might be able to help me...

In my very first foray into video editing, I have been editing various bits of footage shot for us by friends at our wedding.

Thus far I have progressed reasonably well, but have got to the first dance. I have footage from 2 different cameras, with the footage from each camera best described as 'patchy' with the focus dropping in and out.

Basically, when it comes to the first dance I can't seem to come up with any good ideas, and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of some samples which might give my inordinately lazy brain a 'creative prod'.

Give what you can, all help greatly received

Blog Entries

You can cut away to the day's events whenever your cam goes out of focus - for example the bride and grooms vows...

Thanks for the reply.

I do quite like that idea. As an ellaboration, I was thinking about also cutting away to some photos as well.

For example, the rest of the DVD has chapters showing photos of us when we were young, when we met, on the morning of the wedding etc. So I was thinking of maybe using a small number of the photos used earlier in the video to act as a sort of 'recap'. I'm not sure about the re-use of images from earlier chapters though...

Are there any particular 'no nos' about re-using footage?

Blog Entries

In your case, it's entirely a personal thing: do whatever you feel looks right, as you're both the client and the artiste!

Just remember to add a nice romantic filter, avoid too many hard cuts to make everything seem soft, and avoid the heart transition at all costs! Be ruthless with the editing too.