Thread: Sony Vegas 9 - How To Change Color of an Object?

Question Sony Vegas 9 - How To Change Color of an Object?

Here's my dilemna - I am using Sony Vegas 9.0 and I recently did a ton of shoots involving a chair-like set of stocks with a distinctive burgadeen color to it. Two days in, I get a nastygram from someone else who made a similar set prior to me claiming copyright and asking me to change the color. Now I need to find a way to adjust the color of that prop (which someone sits on for most of the shoot and it moves some) to a different color. Can I do this w/o compromising the quality, colors, etc of everything else in the video? If so, how? I am attaching a couple images so you can get an idea of the object I am referincing. I need to change the burgadeen color to another color...can be something simple like blue or black...but it has to be different than what it is now. Everything else must stay the same.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sidious View Post
    ...I get a nastygram from someone else who made a similar set prior to me claiming copyright and asking me to change the color...
    Are you serious? No way can someone claim copyright on a prop. If you've paid to use the location and have a contract, call his bluff. It'll be hell of a lot easier than changing the colour.

Very serious! He got all pissed off because it resembles the one he built and used. I spoke w/an attorney and he said he may or may not have a claim depending on how many things like this are out there.

Do you have any legal expertise in entertainment/copyright law by chance? Just curious. Just in case... is there a way to change the color of it in Vegas? I tried using the Chroma Key (no experience w/it tho), but it's not really going the way I'd like :(.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Are you serious? No way can someone claim copyright on a prop. If you've paid to use the location and have a contract, call his bluff. It'll be hell of a lot easier than changing the colour.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sidious View Post
    Very serious! He got all pissed off because it resembles the one he built and used. I spoke w/an attorney and he said he may or may not have a claim depending on how many things like this are out there.
    I have similar doubts to Andy. But even if we take your attorney's worst case, if the guy has a claim, I would have thought he would have that claim no matter what colour you change it to. And therefore he's just making you waste your time by changing it.

Unless (possibly) it's a recognised brand of tickling stocks and the colour comes into the branding.
    Tim