Thread: Wedding clip for review

Default Wedding clip for review

Wedding clip for review

Password: 1234

Cheers.

GDR

Blog Entries

Do you post these because you want your ego massaged or to show people who are considering taking up wedding videography just how good they need to be?

Another great film John. Nicely paced with a good mix of cameo and more formal shots.

Couple of points:

I thought there was a bit too much focus on the groom's car/groom as a driver. It looked like a Mr Big in a criminal organisation.

Tripod in shot at around 25 seconds?

It looked like you were struggling a bit with exposure. In particular in the scenes of the ceremony the faces were under exposed yet the tablecloths behind the couple and much of the bride's dress was overexposed. Similarly some of the exterior shots proved a problem.

Favourite shot: The tilt down to the wine glass. Fantastic!
    Tim

Hi Tim, No....no ego boost...well...no more than anyone else putting a clip up for review! If we feel we have done something well we want to share it. In truth it may be disastrous...but thats the gamble we take when we put work up for review.

I would love to get perfect exposure every shot when filming weddings, I am constantly changing it, but this enviroment gives little time sometimes compared to studio setups.

I find the FX1 a little hot compared to my other cameras and hate the round dial and its location for manual exposure!

It looks good on my original and tv at home! wonder whether vimeo does something to it also, as it appears to have crushed the footage!

MB looks may also be a culprit in some scenes that look like they do....

Then again, it could just be down to lousy camera operator

Cheers,

GDR
    Last edited by GDR; 08-17-2009 at 12:35 PM.

1234 doesnt work as a password.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    1234 doesnt work as a password.
    Hmmm. it did yesterday.
    Tim

Try now Enc....

Great job, liked the colour work, it was very well done. Some of the scenes were a little too dark for me personally but overall very stylish. Maybe an interview with someone from the brides family would have balanced it more? The tripod can be seen so perhaps a clear the shot or clear the frame needs to be used next time. Good audio from the groom, bride and person performing the ceremony. Very impressed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    I would love to get perfect exposure every shot when filming weddings, I am constantly changing it, but this enviroment gives little time sometimes compared to studio setups.
    I don't know how you guys do it - dealing with exposure on the fly in unfavourable conditions like this.

I spent some time at the weekend filming a local regatta. Bright reflections on water. Dark, almost silhouetted, faces of rowers against this, shot from tree covered banks.
    Of course 99% was rubbish, but I did get some interesting comparisons of footage with different stop settings. It was, after all, a practice exercise for me as I struggle to get to grips with manual controls.

Still, after another 10 or so summers I might begin to make progress.
    Tim

Damn have I missed the party the film has been deleted of vimeo