Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capturing from Canon HD f10

Default Capturing from Canon HD f10

Bought a Canon HD F10 but it didn't seem to come with a firewire cable. The camera house guy said you just use the usb cord but it wont show images as you download?

Which is the correct cable as my HP Pavilion has a HDMI slot but the corresponding HDMI slot is different on the camera and all the stores are saying different things???

I need to be able to see my vid as its downloading to cut out what i dont want.

Using vista.

firewire cables are not expensive but if you have an usb cable floating around, plug it in and see what happens.

I know they are not expensive but I suppose I need to experiment and will get back to you.

Why do I have windows movie maker under my avatar?

I have HV30 and the firewire is for video and the usb is only for still photos. I'd look in the manual Im guessing thats your problem.

You start out as windows movie maker as as your post count gose up it changes
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Yeah i got up to Senior Member but then i got demoted :(

Canon HD F10? USB? High def avchd camcorder, there is no Firewire socket on it. You can either plug in a USB cable and transfer files off the memory or card onto your hard disk or take the card out and put it in a card reader and connect it to your computer again with USB. More than likely the HDMI socket on your computer is output only and therefore you can't send video into it.

I thought that one was an HDV camera?

Mustof got my sources mixed up.

Nicko said, "More than likely the HDMI socket on your computer is output only and therefore you can't send video into it"

That is what I have been told by a techie.

There are various high speed sockets on the camera including the HDMI out but my laptop has alot of weird shaped holes which i will have to look at it's manual to see what all of them are - one is called eSATA and there is a standard firewire socket on the computer but finding and adapter that goes from the camera's HDMI output to the laptop seems impossible.

I take it the camcorder you are referring to is the Canon HF10 as there is no HD F10, the following information is from Canon's website...

Canon HF10 HD Camcorder - Canon UK

It has HDMI out and USB plus onboard memory of 16GB and takes a memory card aswell. Unless you have HDMI in on your laptop which I doubt or the facility to fit it, then you will have to use USB or get a card reader that can read High Capacity cards.

Yeah, got that mixed up, here it is;

http://ifajarwidi.blogdetik.com/file...canon-hf10.jpg

HF10 HD.

So why is there no cable compatible for standard laptops/pc's for high speed downloads?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast