Thread: Traxus

1. Default Traxus

Was a video i made a while back, was working for a machinima.com company called Out Of Tune Films, enjoy:

Was my first machinima so comment constructively please...

The music is awful in my opinion; I couldn't watch it, stopped player music still went on, had to close page for bliss.

3. Default

I don't understand your opinion? You hate the music? The only music that plays is at the begining and it's for about 20 seconds! I dont know how you can asses the entire video on 20 secs of music? If this is how you evaluate films then your not a very good film critic, i study film and what you have just said has made no sense what so ever... If i assesed every film badly for the music i didnt like within them then i wouldnt like many films, If the music catches the theme that is trying to be expressed then it's a pass... I could understand your point if the music was for the entire video but it's 20 seconds, you must have a very short attention span...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 444studios View Post
    If this is how you evaluate films then your not a very good film critic, i study film and what you have just said has made no sense what so ever.
    It makes perfect sense. On the internet in particular you need to engage the viewer immediately. The viewer has not booked a night in, settled down in front of their TV with a beer or mug of hot chocolate and a bag of crisps. If they don't like the first 10 seconds, they will move on. Fact of life.

"But it's got a brilliant ending" means nothing if people don't get that far.

If you can't accept that some people will have that opinion then that is YOUR problem and not the problem of someone who has made the effort (a) to watch your film and (b) to explain WHY they didn't like your film.

If you stopped being so defensive and critical of the post you might learn from zandebar's comment that SOME people (it may be only one, it may be millions) do not like your film because of the music. You may have expected that. You may not care. He may not be your target audience. Nevertheless you now have a genuine opinion about your film which you didn't have before.
    Tim

5. Default

i can take constructive critcism very wel lalthough reading back over this i understand his point and yours completely just personally don't turn a film or video off because of the beggining music should have considered it more. Thanks