Thread: Need guidance with a Vegas Editing Computer

Detroit Metro

Default Need guidance with a Vegas Editing Computer

Hello All,

I am new to the forums, and have been doing some research around here, and on the web for what I am looking for, but really need some explaination and help in finding my next PC for editing with Sony Vegas 9a.

I will keep this short and sweet, as I am not a computer genius, and I don't know how to build a PC.

I make halo 3 montages, usually $100/montage, and 1.5 months/montage.

I wouldn't say I'm a Pro as of yet, mainly because I am self taught, other than, a few hours worth of reading and watching tutorials.

I use Vegas, Sony ACID, Photoshop CS4, and Particle Illusion and later I want to get After Effects CS4, 3D Maya, and maybe a couple other programs.

I capture my video straight off my TV via a capture source, I am looking to either getting the Intensity Pro Blackmagic HD. Or even the Hauppauge HD PVR, depending on whatever you guys think is better.

I really don't have anything else on my computer right now, a lot of my video and music I have, I keep on a external WD 600 GB HD.

OS-Hmmmm, I have only worked with XP, as long as I have known what a computer is, so could you guys please explain to me, how hard it would be to switch to Vista, or Windows 8? And or, would it be more benefital to just go to 64-bit? I have no clue what this stuff is. Sorry I am such a noob, but whenever it seems I want to learn what this stuff is, I can't find anything that doesn't go over my head.

Thanks for the help in advance.

BTW- I will be checking this and my other thread frequently so I will around if you would like to ask questions.

Last edited by CAZ; 08-11-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added forgotten info.