Thread: Audio Questions: Vegas 8.0

1. Default Audio Questions: Vegas 8.0

Greetings,

A few audio questions. I have run through some of the archive and am still wanting.

1. What is the best/simplest way to 'boost' my film subjects' speech? I did not use an external mic, and there isn't a lot of background noise. However, my subjects are non-native users of English and were thus quite 'shy' on camera.

2. Can I isolate each audio clip and apply SFX/envelopes to that clip alone? If so, how might that be done.

I have found myself with a patch of time; my audio learning curve is gonna rise. Bye bye bed!

Cheers,

Miggy

2. Default

'Normalizing' the audio seems to have worked quite well at the click of a button.

I went into this 'ZERO BUDGET' university freshmen video project knowing well that you just gotta capture the best sound possible at the source. But, with literally no budget, that wasn't at all possible.

Regardless, I have been having some fun with the project.

Cheers,

Miggy

in the audio filters try, the audio compressor o n -15Db or/and the wave hammer, that boost audio very well.

4. Default

Z Cheema...yes, audio compressor at -15Db has really boosted the audio nicely.

I used the '3:1 compression starting at -15 dB' preset option. Is that right?

I am still trying to figure out how to use trackFX on a single clip, rather than the whole track. It's probably really simple, but I can't work it out...

Anyway, cheers again Z Cheema

Miggy

I am still trying to figure out how to use trackFX on a single clip, rather than the whole track

Sorry not possible, though you can use key frames on some plug-ins

I always use different tracks for the different sources of audio I have.
    Last edited by Z Cheema; 08-16-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: keyboard failure