Thread: Duality

Blog Entries

Default Duality

Decided to give the old dual layers a spin and splashed out on a Pioneer DVR-108 and double layer media. May let you know how I get on...

a treat for yourself.... and right before XMAS!

actually I was looking to do the same any info or feedback would be cool

Thanks
    The tale of my death has been greatly exagerated

I read some reviews in CVE and they seemed to have problems with standalone player compatibility of the DL disks used. Will be interesting to hear how you get on.

Also, do you have authoring software which supports burning to DL? You also get very little (read no) choice as to where the layer break appears. This is due to a complex algorithm and set of rules as to where a layer break can go.

I shall watch this thread with interest.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Quote Originally Posted by LJR
    I read some reviews in CVE and they seemed to have problems with standalone player compatibility of the DL disks used. Will be interesting to hear how you get on.

Also, do you have authoring software which supports burning to DL? You also get very little (read no) choice as to where the layer break appears. This is due to a complex algorithm and set of rules as to where a layer break can go.

I shall watch this thread with interest.
    Encore certainly pertains to support dual layer. From memory, Marc has v1.5 so that should do the trick, possibly requiring the update I posted about last week.

I too would be interested in the compatibility with set top players.

Also, how much is a doubel layer blank media nowadays. Last time I boithered to look they were still about 10 a pop. Cheaper to buy a DVD than rip one off eh?

Blog Entries

I sourced 3.75 or thereabouts from blankdiscshop.

I too have one of these burners. Cant say I have tried dual layer or indeed any decent DVDs with it at all yet. I have one in the pipeline, but nothing worth mentioning. Any D/L tests yet? Apparently over on CVE things are getting better.
    First B/W semi pro music video in the bag! More to come.
    Dual Athlon MP 2800+ 2 Gig DDR Ram Pinnacle Edition V6.1 pro 2xXL1s