Thread: please help prob with vegas shutting down red images

Default please help prob with vegas shutting down red images

Hey guys,

Would really appreciate some advice here. I'm reasonably new to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0, and have used it for a few videos - mainly ones off a digital camera, but recently i've been using video footage from a hd camera.

I've been going through the footage, spending quite a while on the bits and pices i want. but then all of a sudden it may freeze up, and close. when i go to open the save file again, a lot of the video clips just come up red. and re glitches.

I've got the file saved and really dont want to spend the hours i've already spend again chopping through it - any advice on a way to recover the file? sometimes if i load the file, a few less will turn red, and others almost all of them.

Thanks in advance,
    Stef.

Blog Entries

I've had this happen on a coupe of occasions and by judicious removal of some of the clips (obviously before it freezes) managed to recover. Replacing them later seemed to work. The only time I've seen it recently a restart solved it.

Sorry that's so very vague. This article ight be a little more helpful (though again it's hypothesising rather than fact) Sony Vegas: If you are experiencing &#034red screen of death&#034, black frames or lip sync issues in Vegas 7.0e....
    Tim

Yea the first few times it happened I managed somehow to recover what i'd done. but now im at a stage where all three files i've got it saved under come up pretty much useless - (and at least a couple hours work in each too)

i think i'd avoid this problem as the article says by cutting the clips seperately prior to putting them in the timeline - but that would only make the process even longer.

I uninstalled vegas, hoping the files might work once i re install it. but then realied i dont know where the set up file has gone for it etc.

Really frustrating

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aussie66 View Post

I uninstalled vegas, hoping the files might work once i re install it. but then realied i dont know where the set up file has gone for it etc.
    Do you mean the setup file for Vegas. It's available as a download from Sony Creative Software - Vegas video - ACID & Sound Forge audio editing
    Tim