Thread: Remember This?

Smile Remember This?

Hi guys. Sorry I've been away for a looong time. Probably the last thing I posted was the 'Advent Calendar 2008' series. I've been bogged down in full-time education, so that obviously had to come first. Now that it's the Summer, I've been working on new stuff, and just today updated my website with an all-new design. Awesome. I uploaded this film, which is a fictional campaign to discourage 16-18 year olds from binge drinking. It was part of my AS Media Studies coursework, and I'm awaiting results this 20th Aug.

I'd love to know what you guys think. Thanks

great video, powerful message there wrapped up in some nice editing, I liked the reverse video snippets at the start..
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

Remember you? I link to your Advent Calendar series whenever someone posts a claymation movie here for advice!

Good to see you back, Robert, and with such a fine piece of work. If the rest of your coursework is up to this I'll be expecting an A* for you.

The only thing I might have done differently would have been to gradually distort the music (increase reverb to make it fade into the distance, perhaps falnge or doubly track it a bit out of sync) to match the loss of control in the protagonists brain.

There again, that might be a bit too cliché.
    Tim

I have to report back, this video actually made me go and have a few drinks..was this it's intention..?
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

A good video with a powerful message. I did find the reverse clips at the start just a little too quick to catch, it's like they were there and then gone too soon.

I like the film, I would be proud of yourself; I have to agree with the suggestions made. Tim's sound suggestion, now thinking about it, YEAH that would be agreat addition. Crazy: I didn't think about that whilst watching the vid but now thinking about it does make sense to increase the message.

Other then my re-enforcemet of the suggestions, some of the cuts didn't work for me, HEY where in the relms of artistic license and we all do things differently ( Thankful we do).

WELL DONE!! I liked it; I never felt the need for a drink though, thinking again am getting boring these days.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.
    That's a great idea Tim. Wish I'd done that now. I'll have to try it in a future film.
    I wouldn't expect an A*. You can only get them at GCSE. At A Level, the highest grade is A. Apparently in a year or two the A* is being added, but at the mo, A* isn't possible

A bit worrying rollingstock. Looks like I'd need to go back and re-think how to convey the message. hehe.

Thanks again for the feedback. Great stuff.

8. Default

Wow. Nice. And I learned about your site for the first time. Got some nice vids, man.

Thanks.