Thread: MTS input from Canon HG10

Default MTS input from Canon HG10

Hi there,

I got a not so simple question, well maybe there is thread already with this topic, I am just wondering how to create a hd dvd from mts files,
    I got it into svegas as mts - frame rate i60 at 1920 x 1080 res, what woud be the best choice as for compression not to sacrifice much quality, and how would I go about burning it ??? I read something about mpeg2 and then burn it with pinnacle...,
    any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks.

Do you mean making a simulated HD or blue-ray on a DVD, ie. Authored at 1920x1080 in which case you can get about 30mins on a standard DVD that will play on some Blue-Ray players as well as a Play Station 3, I use Corel ProX2 but most editing software should be up to it, just select AVCHD as the output remembering that AVCHD is upper field first and you should have no problems, don't be tempted to re-encode stay with H264 if possible, these DVD's will not play on a standard DVD player however.
    Bryan

hello Bryan and thank you for your kind reply,
    what I am after is to be able to play the content on a standard dvd player,
    I had experimented with different codecs and came up with a great solution but unfortunately I had problems with my OS and had to reinstall and lost my own formula, I remeber using Sony vegas and for final burn I was using pinnacle as it has an option burn hddvd content, and the footage played on a standard dvd at 1920 x 1080 res and it looked great and the file size was quite acceptable I do believe I only could fit about 30 min of the content though on a sinle layer standard dvd disk.
    Last night I did a couple of tests with mov format using h264 codec and the video looked blurry and unacceptable and I was unable to import it into pinnacle, I do believe previously I was using mpeg2 format, after converting the video looks great however I can not import it into pinnacle what makes me wonder...,
    still looking for a solution.

thanks.

4. Default

I used Voltaic HD to convert the files into .wmv or .avi. You can then play them on windows media player or burn them to a disc. However you have to pay 20 for it or a free trail which only does 10 files.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
    hello Bryan and thank you for your kind reply,
    what I am after is to be able to play the content on a standard dvd player,
    I had experimented with different codecs and came up with a great solution but unfortunately I had problems with my OS and had to reinstall and lost my own formula, I remeber using Sony vegas and for final burn I was using pinnacle as it has an option burn hddvd content, and the footage played on a standard dvd at 1920 x 1080 res and it looked great and the file size was quite acceptable I do believe I only could fit about 30 min of the content though on a sinle layer standard dvd disk.
    Last night I did a couple of tests with mov format using h264 codec and the video looked blurry and unacceptable and I was unable to import it into pinnacle, I do believe previously I was using mpeg2 format, after converting the video looks great however I can not import it into pinnacle what makes me wonder...,
    still looking for a solution.

thanks.
    If you want it to play on standard DVD players it is better to use 720x576 PAL or 720x480 NTSC the only thing to watch is that AVCHD is upper field first so you have to make the mpeg2 upper field first to, I think there is a program called BurnOn CD/DVD that could turn you mpeg2 into a DVD and it's freeware.
    Bryan