Thread: HD basics

Default HD basics

Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a bother on this forum but taking it back to basics I am still having issues in exporting my HD footage in CS3.

When I export my HD footage it looks 'flickery' and 'juddery; when played back on a computer monitor and tv screen. Using H.264, WMV and downconverting to SD DVD. However in CS3 the footage looks generally awesome.

Does anyone know of any good HD basics tutorials etc. or know the best options for deinterlacing, field order etc.etc. I am pretty sure I am exporting with some incorrect settings somewhere.

Starkie

I never used WMV in Adobe so I'm just wondering if it is a format Adobe 'likes'? It can be a very prissy program at times and will work very well with some file formats and will through a hissy fit with others. Try avi's and mov's to see if that makes any difference, you'll probably end up with massive files though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkie View Post
    Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a bother on this forum but taking it back to basics I am still having issues in exporting my HD footage in CS3.

When I export my HD footage it looks 'flickery' and 'juddery; when played back on a computer monitor and tv screen. Using H.264, WMV and downconverting to SD DVD. However in CS3 the footage looks generally awesome.

Does anyone know of any good HD basics tutorials etc. or know the best options for deinterlacing, field order etc.etc. I am pretty sure I am exporting with some incorrect settings somewhere.

Starkie
    It sounds a bit like interlace jitter, are you keeping it upper field first, a TV and a monitor can give different results, monitors display better if you use de-interlace or Frame-based
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I never used WMV in Adobe so I'm just wondering if it is a format Adobe 'likes'? It can be a very prissy program at times and will work very well with some file formats and will through a hissy fit with others. Try avi's and mov's to see if that makes any difference, you'll probably end up with massive files though.
    I'm also a bit wary of the WMV export option. If you are exporting a final version of your clip I would try to export it as a 720p H264 file either quicktime .mov or .mp4 Ive been getting good results with that and file sizes are acceptable and uploadable to youtube if they arnt to long.

I've had similar probs with WMV....Mpeg4 cured it.