Thread: US Coast Guard... Air show Fly-In

Default US Coast Guard... Air show Fly-In

Here is part of the video I shot at the 2009 Centralia Fly-In.. Just a fun little video.. It was shot and edited today.. I used the canon HV30.. It was very windy and I fout the whole time to keep the camera as steady as I could, plus the helo pushes a lot of wind.. I was rather happy I was able to keep it as steady as I could.. But anyways enjoy the video, I look forward to your comments.. Thanks for looking

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Well, to be honest, there wasn't enough stuff in there for 7+ minutes

The shots themselves were nicely framed, clear and well exposed. But you had 2:25 of the prep which led into 5 mins of hovering. I don't know what the Centralia Fly-In is, but I'm guessing there are probably more aircraft involved.

I'd happily sit through 5 mins of stuff like this showing lots of aircraft doing their stuff. But I'm afraid I spun through a lot of this looking for what happened next, and it didn't.

I watched this video on youtube, and maybe something some general viewers fail to understand is when it comes things like trains, planes and big machines in general there is a audience who will watch just about anything, in fact I believe they hate well crafted and edited (shortened) video.

Sure the other forum user is correct in his view when related to maybe a general audience, just remember there are some who like it long, and even 7 mins is far too short.

Editing is to appease the average short attention spans we all suffer.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video