Thread: Ulead Video problem

Default Ulead Video problem

Hi guys I captured a video with uleadvideo on computer it sounded good but when copying the clip to a DVD the sound sounded in treble mode which I did not like.
    Why is this?Maybe I should use another format?
    Any help please?
    Thanks

Hi andyborg and welcome,
    More info please.
    You captured video from what device what source?
    How did you connect the device to the computer? (USB, Firewire, piece of string..)
    What is the software exactly you are using? (Ulead VideoStudio perhaps?)
    What version of the software is it? (Video Studio 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11.5, X2?)
    Does the version you have also have a VE or some other designation after the number?
    What was the format of the files that you ended up with after capture?
    When you copied the clip to the DVD exactly how did you do that?
    Did you use the Create Disc module?
    What were the MPEG2 properties you used when you made the disc?

Quote Originally Posted by lancecarr View Post
    Hi andyborg and welcome,
    More info please.
    You captured video from what device what source?
    How did you connect the device to the computer? (USB, Firewire, piece of string..)
    What is the software exactly you are using? (Ulead VideoStudio perhaps?)
    What version of the software is it? (Video Studio 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11.5, X2?)
    Does the version you have also have a VE or some other designation after the number?
    What was the format of the files that you ended up with after capture?
    When you copied the clip to the DVD exactly how did you do that?
    Did you use the Create Disc module?
    What were the MPEG2 properties you used when you made the disc?
    HiLancecarr thanks for response.
    Answered the above questions:
    I captured from a video player cassette.
    I have a usb device.
    Uleadvideo studio se dvd.
    It says 10.0.
    No there are no VE.
    mpg2
    I used nero.
    The format of the dvd is.vob
    Thanks for your interest.

Hi andy,
    Well the use of the USB device to capture from a tape player kind of puts me out of the running here because in all honesty I have no experiance with them.
    Having said that there are some things you may want to look at.

When you are capturing using the USB thingy it is converting the footage "on the fly" to a video format called MPEG2. These are the same types of file that are in your VOB files. VOB are not a type of video file, they are a container or wrapper format that have the MPEG2 in them.

Becasue you are trying to do an "on the fly" capture AND conversion this is very, very resource hungry so make sure when you do it you shut down everything on your computer you don't need including internet connections, screen savers and ant-virus.

Make sure you defrag your hard drive prior to capture as this eases the burden on the machine too.

The version of VideoStudio you have is fine for what you need. Becasue it has the DVD designation it will have an MPEG2 codec loaded for handling MPEG2 video files.

Once you have the captured MPEG2 files do your editing or whatever you want to do then still in VideoStudio go to the Share tab. Do not try to Create DVD at this point. Instead choose to Create Video File and then select one of the DVD COMPLIANT presets. let it run until you have the new file. (Remember where you are putting it!)

Now back in VideoStudio go to File and choose new project. You are not actually starting a new project but this action effectively clears the timeline which you need to do. If it asks for you to save the currect project then do so if you wish.

Now go to Share and choose to Create Disc. The DVD burning module will open. Navigate to the previously created MPEG2 file and load that. Check all the little buttons and boxes to make sure that the properties of the file exactly match the properties of the DVD to be created. Then let it run.

By they way do this aswell and post back:
    With VideoStudio open selct one of these file you are dealing with and "right-click." Select properties and post them here so I can see. Don't do it just using windows. Do it from within VS.

Default video problem

Quote Originally Posted by lancecarr View Post
    Hi andy,
    Well the use of the USB device to capture from a tape player kind of puts me out of the running here because in all honesty I have no experiance with them.
    Having said that there are some things you may want to look at.

When you are capturing using the USB thingy it is converting the footage "on the fly" to a video format called MPEG2. These are the same types of file that are in your VOB files. VOB are not a type of video file, they are a container or wrapper format that have the MPEG2 in them.

Becasue you are trying to do an "on the fly" capture AND conversion this is very, very resource hungry so make sure when you do it you shut down everything on your computer you don't need including internet connections, screen savers and ant-virus.

Make sure you defrag your hard drive prior to capture as this eases the burden on the machine too.

The version of VideoStudio you have is fine for what you need. Becasue it has the DVD designation it will have an MPEG2 codec loaded for handling MPEG2 video files.

Once you have the captured MPEG2 files do your editing or whatever you want to do then still in VideoStudio go to the Share tab. Do not try to Create DVD at this point. Instead choose to Create Video File and then select one of the DVD COMPLIANT presets. let it run until you have the new file. (Remember where you are putting it!)

Now back in VideoStudio go to File and choose new project. You are not actually starting a new project but this action effectively clears the timeline which you need to do. If it asks for you to save the currect project then do so if you wish.

Now go to Share and choose to Create Disc. The DVD burning module will open. Navigate to the previously created MPEG2 file and load that. Check all the little buttons and boxes to make sure that the properties of the file exactly match the properties of the DVD to be created. Then let it run.

By they way do this aswell and post back:
    With VideoStudio open selct one of these file you are dealing with and "right-click." Select properties and post them here so I can see. Don't do it just using windows. Do it from within VS.
    Hi Lancecarr thanks for the info I did what you told me but the create video is not highlited in the share tab.Why is this?
    Last question I did not understand about post back thing.
    Another thing I am experiencing is that the color scheme is changing to windows vista basic even when computer boots up. When I searched what's the problem it's telling that it's because of the Uleadvideo software.
    Any clue?
    Thanks
    Last edited by andyborg; 08-06-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Another thing I am experiencing is that the color scheme is changing to windows vista basic even when computer boots up.

Ooop! Here is your problem. VideoStudio 10 was released prior to the existence of Vista and is not compatible with it.

The company that made VideoStudio at that time was Ulead but it is now owned by Corel. At the time Ulead released a patch for VS10 to work with Vista but it's effectiveness was dubious at best.

VS is now at version X2 which under the old numbering system would be vesion 12 so the one you have is very out of date.

More bad news, even the patch they released at the time will not apply to free OEM versions such as you have there. The company that made the USB converter are the ones that decided which software they would include and have decided to give you software that is three vesrions out of date and not compatible with Vista.

As far as a workaround goes I am now lost!I don't know much about USB devices like this and I know nothing about Vista... I stayed at XP.

If I think of anything I will post back here.

p.s. When I siad post back I meant that you should write the file properties back here on the forum so I could see it.