Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rules (The boring bit)

Blog Entries

Default The Rules (The boring bit)

1. Entries must be 3 mins 33 seconds or less in length.

2. Credits will not be included in the 3 mins 33 s and must appear separately. None of the "credits" will be considered part of the entry and all footage over the 3 mins 33 seconds limit will be ignored by the judges. Credits may not be more than 3 mins 30 seconds in length.

3. The film can contain live action and / or animation.

4. All video, images and animation must be the original work of the contestant.

5. Any music may be used. However, entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have permission to use it in this competition. We don't insist on seeing proof with the entry but Digital Director will not be responsible for any copyright issues from music used by entrants.

6. The voting will reflect how the entrant interprets 3:33.

7. Entries should reflect the inclusive nature of the site. Entries deemed offensive by the judges will be returned with advice. Entries that would be acceptable is User Videos will be appropriate.

8. In entering the competition you are granting the right for video forums to rebroadcast your entry using any medium. No payments will be sought or made under any circumstances.

9. Contestants are strongly discouraged from featuring skateboards or light sabres.

10. The competition is open as of now.

11. The closing date will be 31 October 2009 this is final and non negotiable.

12. First prize will be a Video Forums goody bag.

13. Judging will be done by an independent panel TBA.

14. You may enter more than once
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 08-06-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Ammended rule 1

Blog Entries

Pedantic calrification required:

Is it interpretation of 3.33 (the Gaffer) or 3:33 (your rules) or is either acceptable?
    Tim

Blog Entries

I didn't think as accurately as that! I meant it to be that the video can't be more than three and a half minutes long and the title has some connection with 3 (or 333) So you could have 3x3, three cubed, or just three people, three situations, whatever. The main thing is that you don't just drag out an old video which happens to fit length-wise and enter it for the competition. The nearer entries get to the "333" target, the more respect and points they'll get from the judges.

So a ratio of 3 to 33 (3:33) or a third of ten (3.33) are both valid entry titles.

Hopefully that hasn't put anyone off! Just enter the bloody comp and have fun!

Ironicly the video I just posted from the fly in had 3 crew members the pilot co-pilot and the crew chief.. The videos to long and It wasn't made for this comp but I just thought it was interesting to note
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

So it can only be 3:32 max?
    Rule 1 is confusing me. :S

3:33 is the max length
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Rule 9 is bugging me - completely ruined all my best ideas!

So then, so a noob like me has it straight. 2 min 33 secs in lenght not including credit roll. And another 3 mins 30 of credits if required.

How about opening titles. do They class as credits?

The good news though, is I've been kicking an new idea around and just might massage it to fit this. Plus, if I do that it'll get me off my @rse and actually do it in a timely fashion.

I will, of course, be expecting the usual suspects round to my place for a day of filming - everyone in? Promise no Father Xmas outfits out of seson this time!

Blog Entries

As long as your main feature lasts less than or equal to 3 mins 33 seconds, you're okay. IF you're credits at the end of the film take you over 3 mins 33 seconds, you will not be penalised. anything shown after 3 mins 33 seconds will be disregarded by the judges.

And if anyone uses "3 is the magic number"... you probably wouldn't be the only one so think of something else

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    And if anyone uses "3 is the magic number"... you probably wouldn't be the only one so think of something else
    Another idea gone to pot!

How about "Darth HDV and the Thrity Three Skaters of Doom - in 3D!" ???

Quote Originally Posted by BritishEye View Post
    So it can only be 3:32 max?
    Rule 1 is confusing me. :S
    Ah, it's been changed. I could swear it said "Has to be less than 3:33". Looks like the 1st was edited looking at the edit notes. No problems now. I'll have to give this a go!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast