Thread: Audio dropouts in Studio Plus 12?

Default Audio dropouts in Studio Plus 12?

Hi all,

I've just inherited a copy of Studio Plus 12 to attempt to beat some recorded speeches into shape taken off a mini-DVD camcorder producing those standard .VOB video files.

The interface seems a little easier to use than Adobe Premiere, and hopefully will do everything I need it to do, but I've noticed that Studio seems to create audio dropouts every 20 seconds or so for a fraction of a second, which are preserved on the output files also. Is this is a known problem, is there a fix for it, etc? (The original .VOB file plays fine without dropouts.)

I can't get the 12.1 patch off the Pinnacle website, it keeps bouncing back to the home page, and the tech support pages are down for 'maintenance' -- for hours now.

My current version is 12.0.0.6163.

I'm also having some trouble getting round the presets for export, in that I need to write out a Mac format apparently for blip.tv, and it's hard to tweak the presets to preserve 16:9 ratio and good video quality, altho sound quality is good.

Let's pretend for a moment that I'm technically literate, but have no previous experience in video editing or video formats -- just some sound and vision theory and good IT knowledge and a wing and a prayer.

Is there a better affordable package otherwise without audio dropout problems? I have a copy of Adobe Premiere also -- and the free Windows Movie Maker that comes with Vista for what it's worth -- I only have to be able to delete sections of the speeches and add titles, credits etc at the beginning and end and maybe some minor captioning.

Cheers,
    Sean
    Last edited by Sean01; 08-01-2009 at 02:53 PM.