Thread: SD to HD (SD/HDMIX)

Default SD to HD (SD/HDMIX)

Hi Guys,

I have come across a project where I need to use some SD footage 16:9 into a HD project. obviouslt in a HD project the footage is too small, whereas just increasing its size makes it look rubbish

I've explored some options for upconverting however I realise there is no magic wand.

Just wondering what people use or have had success with.

I also wanted to see if its possible using AE

Any help is appreciated

Default try this

There are many HD video converters support converting SD videos to HD Videos. For example HD Video Converter - OJOsoft . But I'm not sure if the converted HD video shows higher quality than the source SD video.

Western Europe

How do you put in the extra data needed for HD when using SD video?

Perth, Western Australia

Hey Starkie

I would think that the only real choice (assuming that your 16:9 SD is in DV-AVI format) is to render the HDV (I'm assuming from your Sony HD1000) in the NLE out to DV-AVI 720x576 and then you might have two similar files to edit with???? Pity the Sony's downconvert to SD option is so poor..that would solve your problem!!

Nelson, New Zealand

I will interested in the outcome if you get it to work OK, I have had mixed results, the main problem I have had is in the field order, why when they developed AVCHD did they make it upper field first when the old SD was lower field first I don't know, as if they wanted to create problems.