Thread: Focus On Certain Points Masking Sony Vegas

Question Focus On Certain Points Masking Sony Vegas

Hi guys, my names Genghis and Im new member on this forum I used to just check out this forum whenever I had small problems with certain software as a guest, well I grew to like this forum for its expert yet subtle and honest advice, anyways enough of that lovey dubby talk lol, I've got myself a small ordeal which I need to take care of A.S.A.P, this is the most simplest thing but I know with all director's, editors etc. this can leave you tearing your hair out lol

Ok let me simply break it down I've got myself a scene of a man walking out of a door, a good example of what I mean would be The scene from Terminator Salvation (which Im sure many of you have seen) where arnie busts the door down and then the camera pans up on to his face and sort of zoom's in, now I've got a scene which I did similar to that, but I need to mask over the original face, so I used photoshop and a pic of my face to mask over the original face, I blended the face etc. no trouble edited it pixel by pixel, the problem for me now is simple but annoying, I've got to make the face look like its basically stuck to that body i.e. its not just something I masked, now when I edit the first few frames its easy, but as the scene moves on the scene sort of zooms out and Im finding it hard to like get my face to be the right size and inline on each frame since I dont know how much I need to zoom out or what size I need to make it..,

Let me give you a visual example:

Here's my face (Cut out in photoshop):

Now basically I put my face (the above) onto another mans body, now I just want the face to stick to a point but Im having trouble getting it to be the right size and proportion as the scene zooms out,

I hope you guys understand what Im asking, its a simple yet annoying thing,

Please help, I can add more info if anyones confused,

thanks for your time

Use the pan & Scan to size and position image and key frame for keeping image in sync during movement

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Use the pan & Scan to size and position image and key frame for keeping image in sync during movement
    Thank you for the reply Z Cheema, I already know how to pan and crop and am pretty much a pro with sony vegas, Im finding this hard to explain, but I think I might have found the solution to my problem.. Im still overlooking it, anyways thanks for the reply though

There is some free software that will track objects automatically, to allow things like flying sources fly pas smoothly while have wobbly footage, I cannot remember the name unfortunately , perhaps someone else can help.

Do a search as it has been mentioned on this site in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    There is some free software that will track objects automatically, to allow things like flying sources fly pas smoothly while have wobbly footage, I cannot remember the name unfortunately , perhaps someone else can help.

Do a search as it has been mentioned on this site in the past
    Yep thats exactly what I meant I want to track an object (face), thanks for your time again Z Cheema