Thread: Sony Vegas 8 Pro Cloning Effect

Default Sony Vegas 8 Pro Cloning Effect

I'm a newly registered member and this is my first post.
    I would Love an answer to this as it has been holding me back from making videos.
    I recently got Sony Vegas 8 Pro
    I wanted to try the cloning effect but after following a person's tutorial on youtube, my screen blinks, where I mask one clone the screen blinks first the area where I mask, then the other side. This is really annoying because when the screen blinks the clone momentary disappears with the blink, ruining the effect of the clone. Now the person in the tutorial, his screen does not blink after his tutorial. I have been asking around and never really got an answer. I notice other people having problems with their video files. The videos I am uploading are AVI type files, I hope that isn't the source of the problem. For visual and audio step by step on what I did, you can watch the video that I posted on my youtube showing what I did. Hoep someoen can help!

Firstly, THANK YOU for taking the time in producing a YouTube vid to identify your issue. I wish others would follow your example.

Secondly, and on the face-of-it, what you are doing is correct and you should NOT be getting that result.

When you preview that media WITHOUT the Masking do you get blinking?

I have tried to repro this in VP8 and VP9 - with no luck. And if you have set frame-rates and the such to correspond to your Project, I'd say you have something "local" to your Vegas Setup and your PC. Do you have the latest VP8 build?

Blog Entries

Funnily enough I've had a different, but similar problem recently. I had a number of tracks with a lot of masking going on and suddenly flashed of blocks of other tracks woyld show thorugh. Once these problems occurred they'd always occur in the same place. But a system restant would move them. Never seen anything like this before with Vegas which has always been ultra stable on my system(s)

This happened just a day after Pro 9.0a was released so I duly updated - to no avail. 2 days later the problem seems to have disappeared.

I put it down to my system "choking" (I keep my system pretty clean and defragged & there's loads of capacity, but I have a suspicion about one of my hard drives...)
    Tim

Sorry for late reply. The video is fine. Everything is fine BEFORE I mask. This is troublesome. It can't be the spacific video because I had recorded multiple videos (while using the same camcorder) and got this problem on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Firstly, THANK YOU for taking the time in producing a YouTube vid to identify your issue. I wish others would follow your example.

Secondly, and on the face-of-it, what you are doing is correct and you should NOT be getting that result.

When you preview that media WITHOUT the Masking do you get blinking?

I have tried to repro this in VP8 and VP9 - with no luck. And if you have set frame-rates and the such to correspond to your Project, I'd say you have something "local" to your Vegas Setup and your PC. Do you have the latest VP8 build?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aznpandafood View Post
    Sorry for late reply. The video is fine. Everything is fine BEFORE I mask.
    Exactly the same in my case. As I say, I suspect your system can't cope (even if it managed more complex stuff in the past).
    Tim

My system can't crop? Is there anyway I can remedy this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Exactly the same in my case. As I say, I suspect your system can't cope (even if it managed more complex stuff in the past).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aznpandafood View Post
    My system can't crop? Is there anyway I can remedy this?
    No, I said I suspect your system can't COPE.
    Usual suspects apply
    Disable/close all unnecessary processes.
    Ensure disk(s) are defragmented.
    Wipe everything and reinstall Windows(!)
    Tim