Thread: How to put emblem in video like u tube

Default How to put emblem in video like u tube

Greetings all! I found this site searching on the web looking for some info. What is it called when you have a video and in the corner you see the site address or like on you tube you see there sign on the videos?

can anyone help with this? I have a few videos but I want my signature in the lower corner like youtube does.

It's called overlay or superimposition. Basically you are overlaying or superimposing a new image onto a video track that is underneath it. You need a video editing program with more than one video track (or an overlay track) so you can put your image on track 2 and your video on track 1. You can create a logo or emblem in most paint programs but it is better to have access to either .psd, .tiff or .png files as they have transparency. Photoshop, GIMP 2.4.6 or Paint.NET3.6 have this ability. Or if you just want to type some text with your name and contact details then most video editors have a titling facility that will let you overlay text on top of video.
    Last edited by Nikosony; 07-29-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Here is a video tutorial on how to add a logo to your videos using free software - VirtualDub and any paint program. .
    Wish it will help.

Why didn't I think to add a logo on my videos? It seems very funny. I'll make my own logo and then add it on my videos. Thank you all very much.