Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whatdo you convert to for youtube & vimeo?

Default whatdo you convert to for youtube & vimeo?

I'm using corel to edit my avchd vids. I uploaded a test avchd to youtube and it worked well enough but that was straight from the cam.
    When making a "project" on corel you need to save it as something..... So whats best quality for youtube and vimeo?
    one word answers are fine
    alex

i tend to always export my videos in the same format as your camera's un-edited footage.

so try using avchd.

alot of people use wmv when they upload HD video to youtube, you could also give that a try.

Going by what I read on YouTube a few days ago, you could write these instructions on a napkin... Resolution 1280 x 720 (16:9 HD): 640 x 480 (4:3 SD - I use 640 x 360); H.264, MPEG 2 or MPEG 4: Audio mp3 or aac at 44.1mhz, if they are only looking for 44.1mhz then there is little point in setting the audio at 48mhz or higher and 2 channel stereo, none of your Dolby Surround here.

great thanks. Will play around with those and see what comes out...
    alex

Strangely enough they don't have a list as long as your arm for settings, maybe it's so newbies won't get scared off from making videos.

I've been having a play and have a bit of a weird result
    If I download straight from the sony software it goes onto you tube fine...
    BUT
    if i play a clip in corel video then save as AVCHD (which is what I thought it was originally) it plays jumpy
    Heres one I made earlier

But if I save it in corel as
    "save as the original clip format"
    it saves it as "m2ts" or something and again plays fine...

Would it not be better to save everything onto dvd then presumably everything would accept it?
    Also, weirdly the "saved file" in either format wont play back on the sony software, well it won't "find" it so I can't playback the project in a player

I'm not suprised more people don't try making films...

oh well, its a rainy day so what else would I do..
    alex

When I play both videos from YouTube they are identical..the AVCHD one isn't jumpy at all!!!

I thought that YouTube actually prefer an MPEG4/H264 format anyway. Your connection was probably a bit congested that's all.

It's not easy to tell the difference between each of the videos!! (I couldn't!!!)

Chris

The second clip played back a lot better than the first one for me, also I lost the audio for the last 10 seconds in the first clip.

Quote Originally Posted by alexleominster View Post
    I'm using corel to edit my avchd vids. I uploaded a test avchd to youtube and it worked well enough but that was straight from the cam.
    When making a "project" on corel you need to save it as something..... So whats best quality for youtube and vimeo?
    one word answers are fine
    alex
    I just put a test video on Youtube and Vimeo, using Corel ProX2 and ffdshow and selecting h264 at 5000kbps 1280x720P, using ffdshow gives you the ability to export straight from Corel ProX2 at the bitrate recommended by Vimeo
    Bryan

Last edited by wandering-free; 08-23-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexleominster View Post
    I've been having a play and have a bit of a weird result
    If I download straight from the Sony software it goes onto you tube fine...
    BUT
    if i play a clip in corel video then save as AVCHD (which is what I thought it was originally) it plays jumpy
    Here's one I made earlier

YouTube - saved

But if I save it in corel as
    "save as the original clip format"
    it saves it as "m2ts" or something and again plays fine...

YouTube - saved1asm2t

Would it not be better to save everything onto DVD then presumably everything would accept it?
    Also, weirdly the "saved file" in either format wont play back on the Sony software, well it won't "find" it so I can't playback the project in a player

I'm not surprised more people don't try making films...

oh well, its a rainy day so what else would I do..
    Alex
    The first Video in my case dropped sound every now and then, the second videos sound, sounded natural, but the video seemed to have lost a little crispness to it..

But I wouldn't be to concerned about that, as it may not be obvious to most other users, as my Computers resolution is set to a little higher than most other normal monitors that are smaller than 22" - Err~the resolution I am using is1680X1080 which is the closest setting that presents a natural aspect ratio to me..

Cheers to all,

Pete.

Feel Free to check out My High Definition Videos on my U-Tube Channel,
    YouTube - KorAllRBare's Channel
    May the Universe return a hundred
    fold what you charge unto others

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast