Thread: WMV CBR Compression Problem

1. Question WMV CBR Compression Problem

Hello there

My problem is that when i convert any format of video into WMV CBR it has a problem. Now that problem is that when the video reaches points of action (light change, motion, flashing lights, colour change) it seems to lag terribly. Now this type of lag it not de-sync lag it is just litterally as if it is stuttering. Now i know it is CBR becuase i encoded on Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro in VBR mode and it worked fine. The problem is i don't want VBR as i have to encode in 2-pass mode. Also in converters this option is not available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    MrMcTitties

Default try a higher bit rate

It will cause the situation as you described if you have set a low bit rate. Different video may require different bit rate. You can choose the same bit rate with the source video which plays properly. But if you want to scale down the size of the output video, you can try different bit rates to find the proper bit rate. I believe most of the converters support bit rate selecting.

Default Have a try

I don't know what video converter are you using. I am using this Video Converter, best video converter Free Download - RER software . The converted file is in VBR mode. But before converting, you still need to choose an average bit rate of your output video. I haven't met the situation you described with this converter software. Hope it will help.