Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD covers

Default DVD covers

Hi peeps i was hoping to get some advise on making such covers.

I was looking for maybe a guide to producing covers in maybe photoshop or does anyone have any other suggetsions on decent software for this perpose.

Cheers

Do we have no one here that craets dvd covers for there videos

most dvd burns come with cover design software. mine came with the nero suite and in the it came with nero cover design, it is just like work to be honest and it is really easy to use. if not you can google the dimensions on the internet and use those for paintshop or microsoft word.

There's lots of DVD/CD printing software packages out there.
    Google them, They arn't expensive and all do pretty much the same job.
    Don't forget the cd tray for your printer.

Yeah. I have an Epson printer that prints directly to CD. Needless to say it came with it;s own s/w package for creating CD/DVD designs.

However, I'm a Photoshop snob so I do all my work in there and simply import the final image to the print utility for actual printing.

Also, I have a DVD template (Illustrator file) that gives me a wire template for a DVD case/sleave. Again I pull that into Photoshop and use the guidelines to create my own covers. Then I simply print from Photoshop at 100% size.

I've alos got Nero 9 and that contains cover design s/w also as stated before.

Blog Entries

Same as Alan here - for DVD / CD printing I use Epson Print CD (bundled with the R300 printer), and for covers I use Paint Shop Pro, and a template I made myself with all the relevant guides for spine etc.

One tip is to over size the edges just a tiny bit - there are some variances in cases and the overspill allows for adjustment before I go to work with the guillotine. I add 3mm all round just in case.

If you're into daft hollywood style fonts for the credits box, hunt the web - there are a few out there.

Hi Alan and Andy

I would like to use photoshop you get a much better end result.

Being a complete novice to photoshop, is there a decent guide on photoshop. where can i get a template from or could you send one to me if i give you my email.

photoshop looks like a mine field. but I want to learn it for all my covers.

any help would be appreciated.

here are some photoshop tutorials, Photoshop Tutorials . i used to go through that site alot when i was even more noobish.

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNERS View Post
    Hi Alan and Andy

I would like to use photoshop you get a much better end result.

Being a complete novice to photoshop, is there a decent guide on photoshop. where can i get a template from or could you send one to me if i give you my email.

photoshop looks like a mine field. but I want to learn it for all my covers.

any help would be appreciated.
    PM me your email and I;ll send you the .ai file I use for DVD covers. I really need to get around to making the same thing for blu-ray as well nowadays.

hi... i am a new comer from indonesia. You can get instant dvd cover by searching it from google, but there are some sale dvd contain of many dvd label and cover template in PSD /Photoshop. So you only fill the data in the template and you get pretty some dvd label and cover to print and use...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast