Thread: Video card in 200.00 dollar range.

Default Video card in 200.00 dollar range.

I am trying to find a video card in the 200.00 dollar range.

It would seem the ZDFC model might be a good choiceProduct Comparison

Will be using it with Adobe CS4.

Opinion's ???

You don't need to spend that much on a graphics card for editing. heck there are people on here using a Pentium 4 pc with a 20 graphics card.

If you want to spend that much money on a graphics card then it would only to get 4+ monitors the expensive way.

AMD/ATI and Adobe engineer's have a plug-in that uses the GPU and CPU to speed up rendering.

AMD LIVE! Forums - AMD Encoder Plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro Beta

I have my box loaned out right now to a friend who is doing a interactive video tutorial on how to use a shopping cart that he is developing.

The card should help him by speeding up the process...And in the end for 200.00 dollars it seems like an inexpensive way to go.

I do use the box for gaming...Have a XFX nVidia 8800GT that I took out of the machine and put a XFX 4350 in it to take advantage of the AMD plug-in...Would not work with that video card.

Just seems like alot of video card for 200.00 bucks and should work well with the plug-in.

This should help speed up encoding/decoding avchd video Leadtek PxVC1100 High Performance MPEG-2/H.264 Transcoding Card

i know which plugin you mean by that.

according to this post (AMD Encoder Plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro Beta - Beyond3D Forum) you need an ati graphics card from the 48xx series and that ranges from 80.00GBP to 380GBP.

sorry i don't know which dollar you are using. e.g. USD Candian, Austrailian etc.)

Default tyop

Sorry about that...The link for the video card is not working...Please try this one.

It is a 4890 series...A gamer card that should work with the plugin. - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Thank you for the link...Lemme go check it out !!!!!

LOL...Now I know what you mean about the currency thing...Mine would be 200.00 US dollars.

Now I have to go run check that out...About 250.00 dollars in the UK.

Okay now let me go take a look at it.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Hookem; 07-29-2009 at 09:59 AM.