Thread: Help me achieve this effect? (color changing, tracking involved?)

Default Help me achieve this effect? (color changing, tracking involved?)

So i'm recording this video and I want to change the color of an object in the video when i touch it. The object is a blanket and when i tug on it i want it to change which means i'll have to keyframe it and then adjust hue/saturation but i would like to know if there is an easier way using tracking software. I have bojou and after effects. Can i keyframe the blanket in boujou and import the data to after effects for the track points?

do tracking matt in after effects and import the project into premiere and lay the after effects project on a seperate video track and then change the hue/saturation on the matt.

Quote Originally Posted by (M)edina View Post
    So i'm recording this video and I want to change the color of an object in the video when i touch it. The object is a blanket and when i tug on it i want it to change which means i'll have to keyframe it and then adjust hue/saturation but i would like to know if there is an easier way using tracking software. I have bojou and after effects. Can i keyframe the blanket in boujou and import the data to after effects for the track points?
    A blanket is hardly a nice regular shape -unless it's a neatly folded bundle. You might get away with Mocha or something like that then. No great experience with this type of tracking but I;m suspecting you're talking rototscoping here to get you matt.

the tracking in after effects is quite good although you need to check each frame as sometimes it does go a bit...erm how can i put it...squiffy.

i've never used mocha before, is it any good?

thanks! much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    the tracking in after effects is quite good although you need to check each frame as sometimes it does go a bit...erm how can i put it...squiffy.

i've never used mocha before, is it any good?
    Not used it either. But it now ships with CS4 so worth considering. pop across to Imagineer systems and watch a few video tuts. Looks like a quality piece of s/w for tracking items that go out of shot.

Only trouble is with it that as soon as you register v1 (that ships with AE) you get pestered to upgrade to v2 - lol