Thread: Small Karting Event filming required

Cool Small Karting Event filming required

Hi Guys,

How odd, despite being a videographer myself, I cannot seem to find one in my area searching on google!

I am holding a small karting event on Sunday 16th August 2009 for my birthday. A gathering of my friends and family will be there to compete in around 14 short heats a semi-final and a final. The total event time is about 2 and a half hours at a track near M1 J16. The track iself is very small and therefore easy to cover.

What I would like is for somebody to film the event as it unfolds from me and my guests arriving until the end of the podium celebrations. I am looking for some short interviews with all those who are racing before and after the event and filming of the heats themselves. What I would like is a quote for just filming (mini dv tapes) and for filming and editing/dvd production. It is odd, after all these years filming other people I have realised I barely have any film of my life and events. I would love to be on the other end of what I do.
    I will consider all reasonable hourly rates or total job quotes.

Please contact me on my email address which is benjames@fsmail.net

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Ben

PS I am also on the lookout for a photographer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benjibum View Post

...I will consider all reasonable hourly rates or total job quotes.

Thanks Ben, that's what we like to see in this section! Good luck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    Thanks Ben, that's what we like to see in this section! Good luck.
    Yeah, I echo that. Odd, isn't it that on one thread we have a Pro Drag team looking for a freebie, and here, a sensible chap who knows what's what.

Wish I could bid for this - but thankfully, August is rapidly becoming one of those months.

Best of luck Benjibum.

I, along with a friend, own a student based company who employees media students to gain experience in the real world.

We have a very competitive rate card and we guarantee to beat any quote or we will match it.

A standard production involves shooting and editing and you will get a dvd sent to you via the post. once you have verified that you are happy with the end product, we will produce as many copies as you wish at an arranged price prior to shooting.

Please contact me with your geographical location and budget and we should be able to come to an arrangement.

Please email me at smifis2k@googlemail.com

5. Default

Shame your not more local, i am just north of manchester, although i do have a job on in wales on the saturday

Never filmed Carting before, but i have plenty of Motorsport experience which i presume would have helped, My own coverage of a championship on Motors TV and providing for 2 other companies on there too

If you dont find anyone let me know though, see if theres anything we can do

If you lived near Cumbria I would offer to do it for free Ben.

Hi Solway,

how very nice of you. Shame you're not nearer. However as the Joker said in The Dark Knight
    "If you're good at something, never do it for free"

I don't think I would feel comfortable having someone do it for free, unless they were a close friend.

What do you normally film Solway?

Ben

Hi,
    I've just started with this video stuff after finishing a 30 year career with the Beeb and ITV as a freelance cameraman working on Drama, commercials, news and documentaries.

Its really nice to be able to film things and have 100% control over everything as opposed to being a tiny cog in a big wheel.