Thread: Pinnacle first to include Dolby's 5.1 Creator Technology

Default Pinnacle first to include Dolby's 5.1 Creator Technology

[PRESS RELEASE]

Pinnacle Systems First to Ship Software Video Editing Applications Featuring Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator Technology

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 7, 2004-- Dolby Laboratories today announced its Dolby® Digital 5.1 Creator multichannel encoding technology is being licensed by Pinnacle Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:PCLE - News) and embedded within Pinnacle's latest desktop digital video editing software products. Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator is a standard feature in Pinnacle's professional Liquid Edition line of products and is also available as an option for Studio Plus, Pinnacle's advanced consumer video editing and disc authoring application. The technology makes it possible for everyone from home enthusiasts to high-end users to create DVD-video soundtracks in surround sound from a PC...

Click here for full story
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Default Ignorence alert

Call me a thicko, but...

...how do you record in 5.1? The only mics I know of are either mono or stereo. Do you have to sample from different sources?

Haven''t used it myself but I remember seeing some screenshots where you take your audio (recorded, imported, created, whatever) and have configuration screen showing the speakers in each position. You then use the controls to assign the audio to the speakers, balance, pan, all the other bits and pieces. Obviously there's a lot more to it than this but without using it myself I can't be more specific.

I do know the resulting audio is 100% DD5.1 compatible (and more importantly, permitted for commercial use).
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Fabulous. Don't listen to those people that put your quaint little NLE package down. I think it's just lovely.

I use Premiere Pro 1.5.

I think I've heard of it
    Lloyd

Blog Entries

Now I get it (sound of a penny tumbling down). Just had a play with the multichannel encoder in Audition.

Cooo...I heard that penny drop sound all around me
    Lloyd

Blog Entries

It was one of those really old ones - the ones that were as big as your fist.