Thread: TRG Productions - Behind the Scenes

Default TRG Productions - Behind the Scenes

Any feedback? Eh?

Blog Entries

Poorly framed, poorly lit, poorly shot, poor sound.
    All of this might be excused if the content was excellent and you weren't in a situation where these could be controlled.

Seriously, put the schoolboy humour behind you (I know you and your mates find this hilarious and can't ever imagine a time when you won't - but believe me that time will come and you'll look back on this as an embarrassment) and try to make a documentary (easier) or drama (difficult cos it needs actors). Then post the results so we can really help.
    Tim

Ahh, thank you. Excellent review. The thing is, the only people who actually watch the videos, are "me and my mates", so (completely in my humble opinion), the content is fine. You are, however, very right about the lighting and audio. Thank you for pointing that out, and making me realize that we probably need better lighting equipment that just a desk lamp. Any specific reason that the film was "poorly shot" other than the lighting?

5. Default

I might be your biggest fan?? - it is wayyyy too long but I stuck with it until the end because I think you guys have got great chemistry - I found it funny, very tongue in cheek humour.

Loved the failed domino tumble at the end - not meant to happen I'm sure but the humour I think summed up the video perfectly.

Well done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vanntheman View Post
    Any specific reason that the film was "poorly shot" other than the lighting?
    The shots at from the angle at (for example) around 0:48 (eg the visible shot in te still above) has too much head room; The two-shots where you are far left and far right are too balanced, ideally one figure should be the focus of the shot, matched opposing over the shoulder shots would be better and also break up the rather lengthy "flat" look which has the viewer constantly looking left then right like watching tennis.
    Close-ups of the fiddling with toys, hands playing rock/paper scissors etc would add interest and variety as would close ups of faces.
    The "solo" shots against the blank wall are poorly composed. Aim to place your subject on the thirds rather than in the middle of the screen. And avoid cutting the person at limb joints (here the bottom of the screen coincides with the elbows - make the shot either wider or tighter)

This is ALL stuff that is far easier to identify after the event and these are all mistakes we have all made, but hopefully being aware of them helps us all become better with each film we make.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    I might be your biggest fan?? - it is wayyyy too long but I stuck with it until the end because I think you guys have got great chemistry - I found it funny, very tongue in cheek humour.

Loved the failed domino tumble at the end - not meant to happen I'm sure but the humour I think summed up the video perfectly.

Well done
    Thank you very much. Yes, we actually had to struggle to make it under 10 mins. Kind of sad really. XD

Thank you. I will definitely take these points into consideration when working on my next film.