Ok all you experts out there.

Our church is looking seriously at purchasing a duplicator for both CDís and DVDís. We have several projects that are now on the table to be duplicated. These are mainly DVDís and VCDís. With technology changing on a daily basis I am looking at purchasing the most bang for our buck and looking at the future at the same time.

In talking with some vendors they seem to be leading us towards 8x duplicators. I have been browsing several sites and suppliers and even our infamous EBAY and have found numerous systems offering the following for example.

7 Target 16X DVD CD Duplicator DW-D22A DUAL DVD BURNERSONY,OPTIONAL USB,FIREWIRE,COMBO/HDD DRIVE,1YR WARRANTY
For around $ 885.

Some are offering a hard drive option, which I know I would take. Also some are promoting the Pioneer system instead of the Sony. These are generic units but all have 1-year warranty on parts and labor. Is there a difference in reliabilty and quality between the Pioneer and Sony units?

Background:
Most of our projects consist of the following. Video footage of Christmas musicals, Skits, Youth events etcÖ We also are looking strongly at doing away with Cassette duplication and going to CD on our Sermons, which would be on a weekly basis. We also produce Videodisks of picture shows of camp, etcÖ
Videos are typically about 1 to 1 Ĺ hourís max at the present by the time editing is over.

What is your advice or opinions? Do I stick with a basic duplicator or do I look towards the future and what is out there. :

Thank you for your help as it is always appreciative.

Mark