Thread: Grassin!

Blog Entries

Default Grassin!

Here's a short vid from my visit to Hunmanby Raceway last weekend - Not menat to be a stand alone film in it's own right - it's just an intro chapter to a DVD. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1C206FrQdc"]YouTube - Scarborough Grassin - July 19th[/ame]

Blog Entries

Excellent camerawork and a very enjoyable edit. You're clearly enjoying your new Glidecam. I love the contrast you manage to get between the subject and background (did I detect a bit of motion blur helping?).
    Was the talk about Factor 15 an ironic inclusion?
    I liked the inclusion of the personal touches in the commentary at the end, it made the whole thing feel as if the viewer is part of the "in crowd".

(Bit of a dodgy edit at 0:20, btw)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Excellent camerawork and a very enjoyable edit. You're clearly enjoying your new Glidecam. I love the contrast you manage to get between the subject and background (did I detect a bit of motion blur helping?).
    Was the talk about Factor 15 an ironic inclusion?
    I liked the inclusion of the personal touches in the commentary at the end, it made the whole thing feel as if the viewer is part of the "in crowd".

(Bit of a dodgy edit at 0:20, btw)
    Cheers Tim - yeah - I spotted the glitch - it's been sorted already, just not in this one... Factor 15 definately ironice, and the commentary team are absolutely top drawer... highly entertaining pair! Motion Blur - only on the yellow car near the end.

As for the Glidecam - I took it but didn't use it!

When I first read the title I thought it was a film about gangsters from the East End of London, grassin' being part of their vocabulary. A great video really enjoyed the atmosphere you captured. No watching cars going round and round and round the same track 400 times. I did notice quite a bit of vignetting on it, did you have a lens adaptor added? Good variety of shots and camerawork and thankfully it didn't rain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    ..I did notice quite a bit of vignetting on it, did you have a lens adaptor added? Good variety of shots and camerawork and thankfully it didn't rain.
    Cheers for the coments - vignetting added in post - Kinda undecided on that - it's very 'Top Gear' though - not sure - opinions? Maybe just a tad too strong?