Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Video Editing Magazine Ceases Trading

Default UK Video Editing Magazine Ceases Trading

Computer Video Editing (which was to be renamed from next month as Video Editing) has announced today it will be ceasing its publication from February's issue (out next month). Recently the magazine had undergone a substantial overhaul and new content along with a cover DVD was introduced. The magazine while still providing the product reviews it became renown for, also started including articles which touched all areas of Video Editing (SATA raids, colour manipulation, encoding algorithms).

Personally I liked the magazine, especially as I helped convince them to include content and tutorials for Pinnacle Liquid Edition (no, the demise is not related ). It's a sad day for the UK market as this only leaves the very basic, and imho biased, Digital Video Editing Made Easy magazine which is dedicated to video editing.

More information can be found here:

Press Release
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

That's a pain in the botty, I could not find that magazine anywhere. Probably why people couldn't buy it :-/

Ahh well.

Only WHSmiths stocked it. It was often located in the Computer Magazine section despite the publishers doing all they could to get it moved out (like reducing the size of the word "Computer" and making "Video Editing" more prominent, and then the plan to remove the word "Computer" altogether from next month). I guess it just came too late.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Means that sites like this become that much more important. It's crazy to think that the main selling point of PCs in today';s market is digital video and yet a niche publication couldn't survive.

Bugger! I really liked CVE too! I've only been buying it since the re-styling a few months ago but it's light years ahead of the opposition. That leaves us with only DVME on the shelves at Smiths now then doesn't it?

So all I have now to look forward to is DVME and it's 68th rewrite of "How to add transitions to Premiere Pro". Great when you're new and still learning the vocabulary, but the only thing that can possibly make DVME worthwhile now is the freebies on the cover disk.

CVE - a relatively newfound friend sadly missed already.

Sounds like a very BIG opportunity for somebody to step in and offer an on-line magazine subscription that YOU ALL could contribute to and make some money from.

You would have to do a little marketing to get the word out but from what I have read from this site you all are excellent. You would still have this site running but once a month or quarter offer this service as an extra.

Just an idea from an avid reader of this site but not much of a contributor. :idea:

All I can say is I am very happy I found you all. Thanks.
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Blog Entries

I toyed with the idea of running ads for guests, but that has now been abandoned. I promise that videoforums.co.uk will always be free and free of ads . If it were to become a commercial venture, then posters would have to be paid Not an avenue which I wish to go down!!!

Pay me! Pay me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by millsy
    Pay me! Pay me!
    What for? What for?

Go on. Push a twenty down his pants and see if he dances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast