Thread: visual effect help

Default visual effect help

hi, I just started getting into video editing projects so I'm really not too sure how to create specific effects that I want. I'm currently working on a project that I'm trying to make it look like one of those cheesy 1950's tutorials. something similar to [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqMV90pnsZ4"]THIS[/ame]. visual effects like that is serious un-treadded territory for me, and windows movie maker can only do so much for me. how would I go about doing an effect like that?

have to donfess, as much as I liked watchign that, there are very few special effects in there. What specificfally are you trying to achieve you want help with?

A bit if film aging or changing the colour of the building. Didn't see anything esle in there i would call a special effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    have to donfess, as much as I liked watchign that, there are very few special effects in there. What specificfally are you trying to achieve you want help with?

A bit if film aging or changing the colour of the building. Didn't see anything esle in there i would call a special effect.
    yea sorry, I"m still kind of new to filming so Im not too sure what to call it when a film looks old like in the mentioned video. But yea I want my film to look old like that video, not just making it black and white
    Last edited by Matty-oh; 07-29-2009 at 02:21 PM.

ah ok.

Well first is the need to desaturate. Once done you might want to consider a bit of sepia too.

Then search through your effects lists for things like 'dust' and 'scratches'. If that doesn't work then PM me and I'll see if I can;t dig out some 'old footage' overlay for you. I;ve got a clip somewhere. Not looked for it in years though but should be able to find it.