Thread: new terminator video please comment

1. Default new terminator video please comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiNTY9voUuU"]YouTube - Terminator Salvation - T4 Music Video V2 - You Are Not Alone[/ame]

Default one question...

IS that what you do for a living )) because it looks like you are a PRO )

3. Default

thank you i wish i did do video editing for a living but sadly i dont, glad you enjoyed it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
    IS that what you do for a living )) because it looks like you are a PRO )
    Of course it looks like he's a pro. He's stolen footage that cost millions to create. Any thicko can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Of course it looks like he's a pro. He's stolen footage that cost millions to create. Any thicko can do that.
    lol be nice mate, we all gotta start somewhere. If it gets you used to your editing suite....... fantastic, good work

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post

I thought that part of being a video editor, depending, is that you would take the original footage and put something together from the best scenes to make something good better. Adding your own text effects, or effects in general. Also, some of the scenes shot and cut would, or could be used in TV promos, spots, commercials etc. all created from the original source... So I'm wondering,... is this forum expecting to see only original work? If so this is not the forum for me.

Juliet

Well here are my thoughts.

I normally would just not watch this kind of thing but I am trying to improve what I can do and so looking at other peoples work is the best way to go. So I watched yours.

Now I assume you rip the main film and then re-edit a new trailer. I will leave the legality issue to you and others and just focus on what I have just seen.

Clearly you score nothing for visual quality of the material because as has been said someone else has already paid millions of $ to make it look that good.

The music choice is great for the action but of course would never be used in a real production trailer, but then again your not producing real production trailers

As for your editing, well I have to say that it was pretty sweet and the end result didn't jar at all. I think the point about using the material to improve your skills is interesting. Real learning comes from editing lots of material and I guess if you stick with your own then that's a lot more challenging.

Now, publishing the end product on youtube , that's where things get little more difficult. I would imagine there is quite a lot of viewers for this stuff, but if I was the guy who made the real trailer then I maybe a little gutted.

But do you know what, watching your trailer actually made me want to watch the film. They say all publicity is good publicity. So if I now rent that movie who is the real winner here. Methinks its the studio.

Live long and prosper and maybe pick up a camera and see what you can do with one of those too.

Default Comment

Personally, I liked it.

I liked it too.

Regardless of whether the footage is original or otherwise, I don't think we should be limiting our creative abilities. My first couple video edits were made from pics / videos off the internet because I didn't have a camera.

Good work. I liked the way the music went to the action did you intend for that.

nice video man!!!
    have done a few myself and have just ripped terminator salvation to have a go
    like the music and the scenes
    i know a few people have said that you have just takend scenes from movies but since i do that alot
    and you actully posted it in the forum that says FAN MADE scenes borrowed so mayby they should moan someplace else
    keep up the good work man!!

if anybody fancys a look at my vids my youtube homepage is
    YouTube - jfarrar1982's Channel
    cheers