Thread: Books and Resources...

Default Books and Resources...

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on our favorite resources.. So I'll start by listing some of my favorite books (Im leaving out books specific to software but feel free to add those if you want)

"Cut by Cut, Editing your film or video" by Gael Chandler (cover workflow and why you need to make certain

"Grammar of the Film Language" by Daniel Arijon ( one of my favorite books cover blocking and camera
    positions )

"The independent Film and video makers Guide 2nd ed. by Micheal Wiese ( financial planing )

"Cinematography 3rd ed." by Kris Malkiewicz & David Mullen A.S.C (basic cinematography, lighting etc.)

"Making your film for less outside the U.S." by Mark DeWayne ( a book of interviews with location and
    line producers on what to look out for when
    when filming outside the U.S.)

"The Film Encyclopedia 5th ed." by Ephraim Katz ( Set up like a dictionary, cover any film topic or phrase
    you could think of )

"American Cinematographer" by the ASC ( One of the best Film making Magazines out there )
    Note: I have issues as far back as the late 60's If anyone needs information on a certain movie I can
    scan the article but please look it up on the ASC website and let me know what issue its in. I have 100's
    of issues..

Other good magaizes:
    Cinemaeditor (A.C.E. mag)

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

"The 5 Cs of Cinematography" by Joseph V. Mascelli (basic in depth grounding in camerawork for the edit - camera angles, continuity, cutting, close-ups & composition)