Thread: mepg-4 to dvd format

Default mepg-4 to dvd format

I've downloaded a film in mepg-4 media file format, which I can play on my PC using CyberLink Powerdvd with no probs.

I did a burn using Nero rom and it will not play on my home dvd player as format not reconised.

I then used a program called 'ConvertXtoDvd' to convert the mepg-4 to dvd, which the video is fine but then the audio is out of sequence.

Any clues or suggestions of whats wrong or another converter to dvd format.

You have a very, very highly compressed form of video called MPEG4. If you downloaded it then the chances are that it has properties that have a resolution that is also quite unusual and a data rate that is quite small..

You then want to convert that compressed video into a less compressed file that is a DVD compliant MPEG2. This is most likely calling for a greater resolution than your original as well as a higher bitrate.

Any converter dealing with this is literally trying to make something out of nothing.

Unfortunately this is always a bit of a hit and miss affair often resulting in blockiness, jumpyness... or... out of sync audio.

In this situation what I usually do is convert MPEG-4 video to VOB with my OJOsoft VOB Converter, and then use IfoEdit to convert VOB files to vodeo_ts format and then I burn them with my nero. This way works very well.

But sometimes I also think it is complicated by using that way. So I searched the website. Find a guide which shows burning mpeg-4 video to DVD in just one step. Hack Attack: Burn almost any video file to a playable DVD - Backup utilities - Lifehacker . I haven't try this. You can have a try to see if it works well.

Nero is only capable of burning pre-authored DVD-Video VOB-files. That means that you cannot simply add your MPEG-4 video to burn , they must be in VIDEO_TS format before you starting to burn them with Burning Rom. The folder you want to burn should have a couple of .bup and .ifo files, and a bunch of 1 gb vob files.

Google it or contact their tech-support. If still with no solution, try other authoring tools. Personally I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard dvd, you might give it a try.