Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: having problem of voice recorder

Smile Which is best for the voice recorder to put on, sound system or pondium?

Greetings!!!!how do i put the voice recorder in wedding ceremony? In the sound system or in the podium? Can u give me complete details because i want my video footage to be good or better audio. Thanks ...
    Last edited by video lover; 07-15-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: For Business

Hi

The only really practical solution is to use a lapel mic on the groom which will comfortably handle the groom, bride and officiant/priest/minister

I prefer to not use a voice recorder at all but simply use a radio mic on the groom with the receiver on my camera and that way the audio and video stay in sync!! However if you are doing just audio with a recorder I would still use a radio mic and then plug the receiver output into your recorder.

Where there is live music that I cannot over-dub I often use the second radio mic and connect it to a MiniDisk player.

If you are shooting video then rather record the audio direct to the camera.

Chris

Is this a paid project? or is it for free, because if it is paid then I would expect you to have that very basic knowledge. People forget that over half of video is audio and is a skill in its own right.

hi chris many thanks for the reply...regards to you...

this is not a paid project. maybe in the future, but for now i am doing my video as a hobby only or my friends,relatives requested to video their simple party, b days etc..I also edit my video using corel x2. I Have sony v. camera hc96. For now i am looking for ways the quality sound of my video using external methods. anyways thanks for the response. any more suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply back Chris, one thing is that doing things is much better then reading about them, reading helps but actually doing them makes it stick in the memory.
    if you are not sure on how something will work then try it, place microphones where you think is good and get some conversation then listen and evaluate, that's the way I learned., before the days of the Internet and it worked for me.

When doing the speeches hid the mic in the flowers on the top table to take out any people taping the table and also get the best man to stand behind the couple for a nicer framing shot and he will be closer to your mic.

Rule of thumb for the Mic it HAS to be as close as possible to the source (voice) to get the best from the audio (this reduces unwanted pickup- kids crying etc.)

Also join a local video, hospital radio club or the IOV to get additional hands on help

Hi... many thanks for the reply..Any idea what kind of recorder should i buy since my camera sony hc96 has no mic input..thanks in advance.

If you can afford one a zoomH2 is probably the answer but that will probably cost more than your camera if you add a radio mic!!!!

The cheaper alternative would be to use a used radio mic (you can pick up the Azden VHF units cheap on eBay) or just use a wired lapel mic on a longish cable.

If the ZoomH2 is out of your budget then look for a used MiniDisk recorder on eBay!! I have used an MD with a radio mic to record a celebrant who insisted on standing 50' away from the bride with his in-adequate little 6" PA system and that worked very well indeed!!! You can get them at bargain prices and the quality is still good!!!

Chris

...thank you very much!!!highly appreciated.God bless.
    Last edited by video lover; 07-17-2009 at 09:41 AM.

H2 is what I have as an alternative audio pick up device though I do find it does not stay in sync with the original sound from the camera so watch out (that's in mp3 mode)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast