Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: noob vegas 4.0 user question

1. Default noob vegas 4.0 user question

Hi lads, very simple question I hope.

I am doing a video where I want transparent text on the clip like doing credits etc, at present I insert txt media and when placed onto the track it does not appear transparent. All i want is to hav the video playing with the text captions appearing in the corner.

can anybody help my noobishness please !!

The text wants to go above the video first and use the text in the media with chequered squares on it that is see through, or in the text properties there is a slider to do the same.

3. Default

thanks mate, but it is just not having it, it comes up as black, even when I move the slider to checks. Do i put the file literally on top of the video file or did you mean above it ?

Above it, as you have to imaging you are looking down from the top of the screen so the top clip you will see first and then is what will be in the preview window.

That is the only slider i Know I, think it is on the second tab on the title media

Can you show a image of what one you are using?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    The text wants to go above the video first and use the text in the media with chequered squares on it that is see through, or in the text properties there is a slider to do the same.
    thanks mate works a treat, do you know how to split the screen with one vidoe playing one side and another on the other side by any chance , ?

cheers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag1981 View Post
    do you know how to split the screen with one vidoe playing one side and another on the other side by any chance , ?
    I'm sure Z Cheema does. But to save him the bother and get you going, take a look at "Track Motion"
    Tim

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I'm sure Z Cheema does. But to save him the bother and get you going, take a look at "Track Motion"

ok thanks mate for your help

or the pan and scan in the clip and resize from there can also do PIPS and half screens or use the mirror effect , or just have a lazy weekend

here is a tip from my site
    How to do a split screen with credit roll

This is something you see at the end of a lot of programs lately. While they roll the credits, the screen compresses to half its vertical size and on the other half they run bloopers or other movie clips. This is easy to recreate in Vegas using Track Motion. Go into Track Motion and hold down Ctrl-Alt while you drag one size of the video toward the center and it will squeeze it to one side for you. Do the opposite with the rolling credits track. That's all there is to it.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    or the pan and scan in the clip and resize from there can also do PIPS and half screens or use the mirror effect , or just have a lazy weekend

Brillilant ! thanks very much, I use the overlay , and pan crop method.

I am doing a shooting video shooting from a distance, I can have one focus on the gun and and a small window on the target so you can see both.

excellent thanks very much !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast