Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sony Vegas 9 Platinum - Velocity

  1. Default Sony Vegas 9 Platinum - Velocity

    Hi everyone. Today i installed Sony Vegas 9 platinum, bet i can't find video velocity.
    Screens:


    On sony vegas 8 PRO all works, but 9 platinum is much better with more effects.

  2. #2

    Default

    You have the Plat version so may not have that option, to slow or speed a video grab the end of the clip and hold SHIFT while pulling or pushing the clip, you should get a zig-zag in the clip show it has doe it.
    Also right click clip properties and you input a speed option there (on the pro you can)

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    You have the Plat version so may not have that option, to slow or speed a video grab the end of the clip and hold SHIFT while pulling or pushing the clip, you should get a zig-zag in the clip show it has doe it.
    Also right click clip properties and you input a speed option there (on the pro you can)
    Why it's removed? And is it possible to get it back? Cus shift+drag is not useful...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauris3722 View Post
    Why it's removed? And is it possible to get it back? Cus shift+drag is not useful...
    It's not removed. It doesn't have it.
    If Sony release a Movie Studio version which had all the features of the Pro version, there wouldn't be a Pro version would there.
    And what do you mean shift-drag is not useful. It allows you to speed up/slow down the event by up to four times. That may not be what YOU want to do but it IS useful.
    Tim

  5. Default

    I don't know how to explain it (Cus my english is bad)
    Look at picture.
    Green way is the best.

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks Tim, so hard for some people to see that the reason things are budget is because they don't have all the bells and whistles.

    The above method I describe is usable and indeed more then adequate.
    The green line above is what happens with the drag method it SLOOws the video down, if you want to speed up and down, then break the clip in to small segments and do it that way

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Thanks Tim, so hard for some people to see that the reason things are budget is because they don't have all the bells and whistles.

    The above method I describe is usable and indeed more then adequate.
    The green line above is what happens with the drag method it SLOOws the video down, if you want to speed up and down, then break the clip in to small segments and do it that way
    Come on... That will take 2 hours. Maybe there is some addon?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauris3722 View Post
    Come on... That will take 2 hours. Maybe there is some addon?
    Yes it's called upgrade to Vegas Pro
    Tim

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Yes it's called upgrade to Vegas Pro
    No, it's called downgrade... Im using version 9, but pro is version 8.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauris3722 View Post
    No, it's called downgrade... Im using version 9, but pro is version 8.
    I don't know what timezone you're living in but I've been using Vegas Pro 9 since May.

    And why assume that the version numbers between Movie Studio and Pro mean the same thing? The Pro version 8 offers more therefore it's an upgrade.

    If I recall correctly, Adobe Premiere actually went from version 6 to version 2 at one stage.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sony Vegas 7.0 Platinum- Masking!?
    By eslfish in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:34 AM
  2. Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro
    By Stevengm in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
  3. Error in Sony Vegas Platinum
    By IamNumber1 in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 08:56 AM
  4. Sony Vegas 8.0 Platinum - Masking
    By Yzel07 in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 07:07 PM
  5. Cool Affects for Sony Vegas 7.0 Platinum
    By Lindvideo15 in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 12:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •