Thread: video screen size cropping

Default video screen size cropping

Hi... new to video editing

Q I have video footage of a sporting event that was captured in hd. The problem is all the action is too far away.... Is there a software package on the market that will allow me to capture the desired portion of the screen and zoom it in...

Thanks in advance

cquinnirl

Blog Entries

Not that I'm aware of,though virtually all of them will allow you to crop the image AFTER you've captured (which gives you far more control over the capture area).
    You will, obviously, loose some of the quality as you are applying digital zoom to the area you're magnifying.
    I won't recommend a specific package as I've no idea ofy our budget, skill level etc, desired workflow and I'm only familiar with a couple.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not that I'm aware of,though virtually all of them will allow you to crop the image AFTER you've captured (which gives you far more control over the capture area).
    You will, obviously, loose some of the quality as you are applying digital zoom to the area you're magnifying.
    I won't recommend a specific package as I've no idea ofy our budget, skill level etc, desired workflow and I'm only familiar with a couple.

Thanks for your reply video will be used for website footage in gallery area. so youtube quality is fine....

I bealive most video editors have the option to move and zoom footage around.I can say for sure that you can do so with Premier Pro and perhaps elements as well but i will have to check.AS for the other video editors (Sony Vegas, WMM etc) I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    I bealive most video editors have the option to move and zoom footage around.I can say for sure that you can do so with Premier Pro and perhaps elements as well but i will have to check.AS for the other video editors (Sony Vegas, WMM etc) I don't know
    Thanks all Sony Vegas does the trick

Thanks again

cquinnirl