Thread: 2 Premiere 6.5 problems- Audio and TV playback

Default 2 Premiere 6.5 problems- Audio and TV playback

Hi

My first problem is that I have a bin full of DV clips taken from the same camera. Each clip plays fine when played in WMP etc, and also plays fine in the small preview screen above the bins area, but when I drag the clips into the timeline, many of them lose the audio. When I expand the audio track and set it to wavform, thiers either a straight line, or a weird patter of thick straight lines branching off a straight line down the middle. Somtimes this is the case with the entire audio of the clip, or somtimes only a section of the audio is like this. Is thier any way I can fix this?

My second problem is that when I export my project from Premiere using the MPEG encoder, (MPEG2) and then burn it onto a DVD, it appears extremly shaky and jerky when viewed on TV(PAL, and the video on the DVD is also PAL).It appears fine on my computer. I know that this can proberly be solved by trial and error, changing the interlace settings, but as it takes around an hour to export the video and then burn it to DVD, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the most likely cause of this problem to save me time having to go through the process of encoding and burning several times.

Cheers
    Chris

Heres whats happening with the audio :(

*bump* does anyone have any idear with the sound problem?

Blog Entries

Can't reallly give you any feedback, to be honest. To isolate the problem, try importing mp3 or wav tracks into the project. What happens to the audio theb?

or try extracting the audio straight form the avi file. You can download the trial of Audition to do this if you haven't any s/w currently.

Thanks, Mp3s and Wavs work fine, as does the audio of some of the DV clips , I think I'm just going to have to extract all the audio from the Dv clips that don't work with Audition, and import them into Premiere separately.