Thread: How can I Custom-Adjust the Aspect Ratio to 'Old CinemaScope' - 2.55:1?

Default How can I Custom-Adjust the Aspect Ratio to 'Old CinemaScope' - 2.55:1?

I have some 'Special Edition' DVDs of early 1950s movies, with the picture in the original widescreen CinemaScope aspect ratio of 2.55:1.

These DVDs also contain bonus features showing some 'missing scenes' .... that were shot by people on the set with old 16mm cameras. This video footage is on the DVD - in it's original flat, non-CinemaScope imagery.

I'd like to edit the missing scenes back into the movies; but first I'd like to Adjust/crop/re-frame the flat footage into the movie's original widescreen aspect ratio -- a Letterbox of 2.55:1 -- so the addition of these scenes would match the rest of the movie & be 'seamless' in the edit.

My question - what software is available that can Custom-Adjust the aspect ratio of this flat footage to old CinemaScope's 2.55:1?

I've researched on my own & so far, everything I've seen will only change the aspect ratio to today's Standard Widescreen Letterbox frame of 16:9.

Do you know of any software that allows custom aspect settings?

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!

Default haven't seen 2.55:1

The aspect ratio of 2.55:1 seems not very popular now. I have seen a video converter that can custom the aspect ratio to 2.35:1. For now I haven't seen a software can do this. Wish you find the right software.