Thread: Word Soup : Episode 3

Default Word Soup : Episode 3

New episode of word soup. I actually filmed all this footage before I filmed and released word soup 2, so some of the valid points people here raised for citicism for ws2 haven't necessarily been addressed here.

But I have tried to create the story and match the subtitles more to my mannerisms with this one. I think it works. But I shall leave it to you to decide.

This was shot all by myself in London, so I made reference to it being more of a video diary rather than a crew based documentary like episode 1+2.

Enjoy and feel free to comment.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Sorry Matt, forgot to watch!Much too fulll of pauses for me. It's like you gave a chance for each spoken line and each subtitle to sink in. This had me looking for significances which weren't there. Or maybe they were and I needed longer pauses.

The choice of shots was good and it really looked like a TV production video diary (the opening shot on the station platform - were you holdig the cam yourself?)
    The script now sounds like one of those spammed emails that I've never figured out why they've been sent - ie lots of random-ish words strung together in a strangely beautiful way.

But overall the joke's worn a bit thin now and I think you need to be thinking about taking it in a different direction.

Hi Tim, thanks for your comments.
    Yes for some reason my mind wasn't in gear when I was filming and there were too many pauses in my flow for my own liking, but that what I get for going all ad-libbed. I am going to be making some changes for episode 4 (when ever that will be), I am going to take the time to script it and am looking at bringing in more characters. So it should have a bit more variety.

Yeah I shot all of this myself, I had a monopod which helped to steady some of the walking shots a bit more. I had some very odd looks walking down regent and oxford street holding a camera in front of me and talking blollocks.